So easy to make, each pack makes two mug cakes and you can make one at a time as packs are resealable.
We only use premium ingredients - no nasties or anything artifical eg. Australian almond meal, pure ground vanilla bean powder, organic coconut flour.
All products are gluten-free and can be made dairy-free (use melted coconut oil in place of melted butter and use preferred non-dairy milk in place of cream for icing).
Makes 2 mug cakes1 pack Vanilla “Hug in a Mug”
2 tblsp melted butter
4 tblsp grated carrot
1 tsp cinnamon
200g cream cheese
⅓ cup Lakanto Monkfruit icing sweetener
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp cream
1 tblsp lemon zest, finely grated (or more to taste)
(chopped walnuts and lemon zest for decoration on top)
- Place 1 tblsp melted butter in each mug (can melt in microwave 30-60 seconds)
- Pour half pack of mug cake mix into each mug (approx. ¼ cup)
- Grate carrot and place 2 tblsp into each mug
- Place 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 egg in each mug
- Stir really well to combine
- Microwave one mug at a time for 90 seconds. Turn out of mug onto plate (cake will be hot) then invert so top is back on top (Can also be baked in an oven if preferred on moderate temperature for 15-20 minutes in ovenproof mug or ramekin).
- Place all icing ingredients except lemon zest in bowl and use hand beater to beat until combined and smooth. Stir through lemon zest.
- Slice each mug cake in half and spread icing in middle and on top
- Chop walnuts to sprinkle on top along with extra grated lemon zest