These are perfect for the Christmas table! Everyone loves them and you can stick to your healthy eating goals while still enjoying some festive decadence. Can be made up to 3 days in advance if needed.
Servings: approx 40 balls, depending on size1 baked Cheeky Chocolate Cake (or similar low-carb cake, weight 500-600g)
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tblsp ginger
2 tblsp sweet mixed spice
2 tblsp powdered Lakanto sweetener
100g dark chocolate (min. 70% cocoa) or sugar free dark chocolate
200g dark chocolate (min. 70% cocoa) or sugar free dark chocolate
2 tsp melted coconut oil or MCT oil
80g white sugar-free chocolate (eg. Vitawerx)
Freeze dried raspberries (or similar for top)
- Prepare your low-carb chocolate cake according to pack directions and let cool.
- In a large bowl, gently break apart the cold cake with clean hands to achieve a crumbly texture.
- Add spices to cake and combine well.
- Melt 100g chocolate by breaking into pieces and placing in microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Microwave further 30 secs at a time if needed.
- Add melted chocolate to mixture and combine until mix reaches a fudgy consistency.
- Using wet hands, roll mix into small balls then place in airtight container in fridge to cool.
- Once balls are cold, melt dark decorating chocolate (method above) and stir through coconut oil.
- Pick up balls with wooden skewer and dip into chocolate. Coat completely before placing on tray with baking paper.
- Put balls into fridge and chill until chocolate is set.
- Once set, melt white decorating chocolate (method above) and place in small snaplock bag. Cut tiny end off corner of bag and use as a piping bag to decorate top of choc balls.
- Add small pieces of dried raspberries to top before white choc sets.
- Store your delicious chocolates in an airtight container in the fridge until needed. Keep cold until just prior to serving.