Never be deprived at family celebations again - this cake can be enjoyed by all and no-one will guess it's full of healthy nutritious ingredients. Low carb, keto, gluten-free, suitable for diabetics and can be made dairy free as well.
1 x pack Simply Swap Foods Voluptuous Vanilla Cupcake Mix
½ cup salted butter, melted (or coconut oil) (125g)
3 large eggs (60g, room temp)
⅓ cup preferred milk
⅓ cup (approx) sugar-free strawberry jam (store bought or my recipe here)
300ml thickened cream (cold)
1 tblsp Lakanto classic sugar free sweetener
Chocolate ganache icing:
50g dark chocolate (85% cocoa)
¼ cup whipped cream
Preheat oven to 160°C and grease and line 18cm round cake pan.
To make cake:
- Pour entire dry mix contents into a large bowl and stir to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold together gently.
- Pour mixture into lined cake pan and bake for 40-45 mins or until cake springs back when lightly touched in centre (or a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean).
- Leave cake in pan for 15 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack.
- Once cake is totally cold, slice in half horizontally with a large serrated knife and separate layers.
- Make whipped cream - place cold cream and sweetener in a bowl and use an electric beater to beat until thickened to firm peaks.
- Make ganache - place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir ¼ cup whipped cream into melted chocolate until smooth.
- Spread strawberry jam evenly on bottom layer to edges.
- Spoon whipped cream evenly over jam on bottom layer of cake.
- Place the top cake layer back over cream and gently press down to push cream to edges.
- Spread ganache over top of cake and decorate with your choice of fresh berries and/or coconut and chopped nuts.