Preparation time: 15 minutes
Servings: 16 serves
250g strawberries, fresh or frozen
2 tblsp Lakanto Monkfruit classic sweetener
1 tblsp water
2 tblsp white chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla essence
Stevia drops (optional)
1. Add strawberries, sweetener and water to a small saucepan and gently heat to a simmer.
2. Once simmering, add chia seeds and stir in well.
3. Simmer gently on low heat until thickened, stirring occasionally (around 5-8 mins)
4. Remove from heat and stir through vanilla essence.
5. If fruit pieces are still large, mash with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached or puree with a stick blender/nutri-bullet if a smoother consistency is preferred. Taste and add a few stevia drops if you prefer a sweeter taste.
Can be stored in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
*Only 2g Net Carbs (1g sugar) per serve compared with average 10-20g net carbs/sugar for store bought jam spread