Preparation time: 15 minutes
Servings: 20 pieces
½ cup almond meal flour (60g)
¼ cup cocoa powder
⅔ cup natvia sweetener (or similar granulated sweetener)
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup dark chocolate (min. 70% cocoa), chopped
¾ cup butter (170g)
3 large eggs (65g)
50g walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 170°C and grease and line square 20cm tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place almond meal, cocoa, natvia and baking powder in a medium bowl and stir to combine well, ensuring no lumps.
- Combine butter with half the choc chips in small bowl or jug and melt on high in microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk together and heat further 10 second intervals if needed until melted together and glossy.
- Place eggs in a separate large bowl and whisk for 1 - 2 minutes until frothy. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture in two batches and whisk together after each addition until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to egg mixture in two batches and mix until the batter is well combined, thick and glossy. Fold in remaining chopped chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle top evenly with chopped walnuts, pressing in slightly if needed.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until brownie springs back lightly when touched on outside and is still a little wobbly in the middle. Cool completely in tin before removing to cut into pieces.
(Only 3g Net Carbs (2g sugar) per piece compared with average 20-40g carbs/sugar for standard version)