Preparation time: 10 minutes plus cooking time
Servings: 6 serves
1 large egg (65g)
2 tblsp coconut milk (or other preferred milk)
½ cup almond meal flour
1 tblsp mixed italian herbs
1 tblsp chicken salt
½ tblsp smoked sweet paprika
½ tblsp chinese five spice
Shortening of preference for frying – butter, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, ghee, lard
- Chop chicken thighs into cubes, roughly 3cm each.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Place chicken cubes into bowl and stir to combine with egg mixture.
- Place almond meal, herbs, chicken salt, paprika and five spice into a large snap lock bag and shake to combine.
- Add chicken pieces to spices in snap lock bag and shake really well to coat pieces evenly.
- Heat frypan until hot and use preferred shortening to fry chicken pieces in batches, turning regularly.
- Once pieces are cooked all the way through, remove and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately or freeze cooked pieces for up to 3 months stored in airtight containers in single layers divided by baking paper.
(Only 2g Net Carbs (1g sugar) per serve compared to 30-50g carbs for 10 x fast food nuggets)