½ cup salted butter, melted (or coconut oil) (125g)
3 large eggs, room temp (60g size) or egg replacer
⅓ cup preferred milk
⅓ cup (approx) sugar-free strawberry jam (recipe on our website)
24 pitted morello cherries
500ml pure cream (cold) or coconut cream for vegan option
1 tblsp Lakanto Monkfruit icing sweetener
9 fresh cherries for decorating
2 squares Lindt dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa) or dairy-free choc for decorating
Preheat oven to 160°C and grease and line 18cm round cake pan.
- Pour entire dry mix contents into a large bowl and stir to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold together gently.
- Pour mixture into lined cake pan and bake for 40-45 mins or until cake spring back when lightly touched in centre (or a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean).
- Leave cake in pan for 15 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack.
- Once completely cold, slice in half horizontally with a large serrated knife.
- Spread strawberry jam on bottom layer then scatter morello cherries over jam.
- Make whipped cream by placing cold cream and sweetener in a bowl and use an electric beater to beat until thickened. Spoon generous amounts of cream over bottom layer in centre of cake.
- Place the top cake layer on and gently press down to push cream to edges. Spread another layer of cream on top (to desired thickness).
- Grate some dark chocolate over top of cream and decorate with fresh cherries. Enjoy!